Monday 2 February 2015

Oscar Nominated Movie: Into the Woods

                                                      Into the Woods


This movie is nominated for three Oscars: Best Supporting Actress, Best Costume Design and Best Production Design.

A couple of weeks ago I went and saw this movie with my Dad and sister. To be honest, I really didn't enjoy this movie at all! The first 15 minutes was a full song that was sung throughout the whole movie. I thought the plot was uninteresting and just really boring. Although, the casting directors did an amazing job as they had a brilliant cast of James Corden, Johnny Deep, Meryl Streep, Anna Kendrick, Chris Pine and Emily Blunt. This was James Corden's first big appearance in a high profile movie and I though he did a really good job and I think his movie career looks bright.

I was quite surprised that this was nominated for three awards. Meryl Streep was nominated for Best Supporting Actress from this movie. She played the wicked witch in the movie. Like all her other movies her acting was superb but I don't think this script was suited for her specifically. I really don't think that this character maybe didn't deserve a nomination for this Oscar although Meryl is an unbelievable actress.


One thing I do agree with is the nomination for Best Costume Design. The costumes in this movie were so well done. They gave the movie the mythological feel. This is the one thing I actually liked about the movie and I can definitely see why theses costumes were nominated for an Oscar. My favourite costume was probably Meryl Streeps.











The other nomination they received was for Best Production Design. I also agree with this as the Dark Forest is an amazing set piece. Everything in this forest was done perfectly and gave the perfect illusion of a dark  forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment